FREE priority shipping on all jewelry items. Non jewelry items will ship via most economical method.
* All items are shipped USPS priority, fully insured.
* Occasionally outsized or overweight items will require special packaging. These items will be handled on an individual basis.
* USPS Express service, FedEx, or UPS service is available upon request. Additional charges will apply based on service desired. Your credit card will be charged for actual fees.
Please call for International rates. Prohibited items will not be shipped Internationally. All taxes, duties and import fees that may be imposed by the destination country are the responsibility of the purchaser.
If you are not satisfied with the item you purchased on this site you can return any non engraved, unaltered item in its original condition for a refund or exchange within 10 days of the date of purchase. We are sure that you understand that special orders and custom orders cannot be returned.
If you have concerns or questions regarding this policy,
please feel free to contact us via email or call 206 300 6196. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
If you feel that you need to return an item please:
- Call us at 206 300 6196 and let us know about the problem. Hopefully it can be remedied by means other than a return.
- If returning the item, place the item, with all the original packaging in the box into a secure carton and return it to the address we provide when we chat on the phone.
- It is imperative that you fully insure the returned item for full value against loss or damage during return shipment. For items less than $200.00 in value, USPS insured mail is adequate. For items with values in excess of $500.00 ship via USPS priority mail, insured for full value.
- In the unlikely event that items are received in a damaged condition please do not return them to us. A claim for indemnity will need to be filed with the USPS for reimbursement if this occurs, please all at 206 300 6196 for instructions.
Once we receive your returned item it will be inspected. Any unauthorized, improperly packaged or non insured item will be returned to the sender. Items that have been worn, have been sized, altered or damaged in any way cannot be accepted for return. We want you to be happy with your gift or jewelry item and will work with you to that end. Please call us prior to returning an item and if we can make you happy we will do so.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to accept international returns.
All prices on this web site are subject to change without notice. While we make every effort to provide the most accurate, up-to-date information, occasionally, an item may be priced incorrectly. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic, or technical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Pioneer Jewelers shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
If an item’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will notify you of the price difference and work with you to complete the sale. The goal is to get you your item.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are your gold nuggets real and why are they so much higher than the market price of gold?
Our gold nuggets are absolutely real in all sense of the word. They are as found, with a bit of cleaning.
- Natural gold nuggets are always sold at a premium over the “spot price” of refined gold because of the rarity of the nuggets and the labor and expense of mining them. The price of a natural gold nugget is determined by its appearance, size, shape, and gold content. Thus, larger, prettier, more interesting, and high gold content all go together to determine the price. A one ounce natural gold nugget is actually more rare than a 5 carat diamond.
- How are gold nuggets weighed and what does karat mean?
Gold nuggets are generally weighed using by troy ounce. 20 pennyweight (dwt) equal one troy ounce. Gold nuggets are also weighed in grams with 31.1 grams equaling one ounce.The word karat, used with gold, is a measure of the purity of the metal. 24kt equaling 100% pure gold, which would not occur with natural gold nuggets. Natural gold nuggets will have other minerals such as copper and silver naturally occurring with the gold and will normally be between 70 and 95% gold. On average, 22kt or 90% pure will provide a rich golden color and is the norm for most nuggets.
- Where does your gold come from?
The majority of our gold originates in the interior of Alaska, and the Canadian Yukon. We provide nuggets from various locales in order to provide variety in appearance and well as prices. We will always tell you where your gold nugget originates that information is available.
- Is your gold quartz real and why is it so expensive?
The gold quartz used in our jewelry is totally real. The raw material is found mainly in a specific location in Northern California and in Australia. Mining the rough material is extremely labor intensive as the majority of the ore is found 1200 to 3000′ feet beneath the surface of the earth.Preparing the rough material for jewelry work is also labor intensive, with a great deal of the material not suitable for use in fine jewelry. The most popular stones have a very white background with a high concentration of gold showing in the stone. This amounts to a small percentage of the ore found, with the majority having a grayish or off white background color. While the white background is considered most valuable, personal preference is the final determining factor of whether a piece of jewelry is “right for you”.
- Is there fake gold quartz jewelry being sold.
Absolutely Yes. There is “simulated” gold quartz material being manufactured. It basically is gold leaf pressed onto the surface of white quartz. As you may imagine, there is limited durability to such an item. It is priced very low. There is another type of “simulated” gold quartz being manufactured that is white quartz with actual gold being forced into the cracks in the quartz. While this is more durable than the surface method it is subject to breaking along fracture lines. This type of material is also priced very low. Or should be. Always specifically ask if the gold quartz you are considering is natural in every way.
- Do I pay sales tax on my purchases?
Washington residents are required to pay sales tax. Currently, if your orders is shipped outside of Washington state, you are not required to pay sales tax. Sales Tax laws are constantly changing, so this may vary by location.
- How long have you been in business?
We had been in business in Juneau since 1975. We closed our retail store in Juneau in 2016 and moved our retail sales online. This means having time to do other things that are interesting and fun. We are happy to offer lovely items for sale on this site.
- Can I see an item before I buy it?
We understand that is hard to purchase a piece of jewelry from pictures. We will provide additional photos or descriptions of items under consideration, but we are not able to send things to a person “on approval”. If an item is not as described than we will gladly refund your purchase price. We will work with you in all cases. Please see the refund policy for exclusions and conditions.